Since I'm always looking for new podcasts to make household chores more tolerable, I jumped on her "Unf*ck Your Brain" podcast with gusto. And you actually do have to leave the "u" out of Fuck to find it on the podcast lists. But don't worry, she doesn't sensor herself during the actual show.
Anyway, since the all seeing eye of Facebook noticed my searches, I started getting her ads for a free 5-day challenge. So I thought I'd play along with you guys.
If it gets super personal and deep I might back out of sharing everything, but for a free 5-day challenge, I think we'll have some fun with it.
You do need to sign up yourself to get access to a free workbook and FB group, but for our purposes...let's get started!
First of all...this woman's demeanor speaks to me on such a personal level. Her humor, her strength, and her attitude...damn. I want to hang out with this woman over a shot of tequila.
Back to the challenge.
The first task is to write down ten things I like about myself. I have to be honest. If I'd been asked to do this ahead of a few other classes I've taken and books I've read, this would have been super deep and difficult. So if it's hard for you, don't worry. You'll get there.
1. I'm super productive in the morning.
2. I'm a kickass NaNoWriMo cheerleader. (Make sure you buddy up with me if you haven't yet!)
3. I can do a mad good writing sprint.
4. I'm a great critique partner. As long as my buddy can handle honesty with a bit of snark.
5. I have killer hair. Thanks, Joico color!
6. I'm a great planner.
7. I'm a diligent task manager, and I delegate like it's my job.
8. I'm great at my Evil Day Job. People come in and ask for me specifically.
9. I can find the hidden gems in any GoodWill or thrift store. Seriously. I'm like a lucky charm.
10. I'm an excellent brainstorming partner. Although my ideas aren't always million-dollar ones, I've got plenty more ideas ready to come up to bat.
What about you? Can you rattle off 10 things you like about you? If you can't, I'd suggest asking a friend. You're probably a lot more awesome than you realize. I'm ready for the next day's challenge. See you all tomorrow!